Friday, March 21, 2008

NEVER LET ANYONE STEAL YOUR DREAM

Lyrics and Music by Stan C. Countz

CHORUS
Life is a vapor and it’s fadin’ fast
Like the morning paper, it ain’t gonna last
The flowers may wither like the morning grass
So savor it while it lasts; the future may soon be the past
So live each day as though it may be your last
‘Cuz it just may be and always remember
To keep the main thing, the main thing
I know it’s never as easy as at first it seems
So never let anyone steal your dream…

V1
I wasn’t watchin’ so I just missed it
I was too busy doin’ somethin’ else
I may have missed my chance
to make a difference
But I’m always harder on myself
Playin’ the martyr, prayin’ for deliverance
Hope He won’t put me back on the shelf
I need a hand and I need His help

V2
Workin’ hard to make a livin’
Spendin’ too much time apart it just ain’t right
Too busy takin’ to be givin’
Now it cuts my heart just like a knife
Hope this wasn’t my last chance
It was right before my eyes
Spent too much time tryin’ to make a livin’
to try to make a life

BRIDGE
Dance each dance; never sit ‘em out
Take a chance and don’t ever doubt
Follow your goal with your heart and soul
No one knows where the wind will blow
When it’s time to come or time to go
So take heart and take part in buildin’ the team
And don’t forget to remember that it’s never
Never as easy as at first it seems
To keep the main thing, the main thing
So never let anyone steal your dream

PRE-CHORUS
It’ll catch you nappin’ and, before you know it,
You’ve missed your chance to make your mark
Life just happens and, before you blow it,
You gotta do the dance and do your part
And live your life with all your heart

CHORUS


OUTRO
So live each day as though it may be your last
‘Cuz, before you know it, you’ll be lookin’ back
So take the time to laugh and cry
and don’t let your dreams ever die
Just take time to laugh and cry
and don’t let your dreams ever die

No comments: