Tuesday, June 10, 2008

THROW ME A ROPE

by Stan C. Countz

I guess normal is OK but a bit over-rated
We celebrate our birthdays a bit belated
Our qualifications were a bit over-stated
We traded one set of shackles for another

I hated being so far apart and separated
by so many miles of trials and errors
As I stated, I’m elated in my heart
but my past had been a bit shaded

But now I’ve been tried, tested and graded
and I passed the test with flying colors
Perhaps I really should’ve waited
until my memories had all but faded

You could say I was a wee bit jaded
I don’t know why but as I indicated
We went from friends to lovers way too fast
and way too soon; we should’ve waited
We should’ve made time and room
to learn more about each other

It seemed to me that my hopes and dreams
meant the same thing to you as they did to me
But I soon found that you would just as soon
have seen my schemes all go up in smoke
To you they were just a silly joke

but a man can only hold on as long as he has hope
So don’t throw me an anchor, throw me a rope
Don’t show me your anger; what I need is hope
Don’t throw me an anchor, throw me a rope

Don’t laugh: at least I’ll die tryin’
I ain’t spendin’ my days in a purple haze
Or my lonely nights sighin’ and cryin’
When I do finally make it, it’ll be in spades
And I won’t have to be high or lyin’

So before my memory completely fades
It’s time to have that great debate
The point can and should be made
Was it just a silly game we played?

Should I have left or stayed?
What about the love we made?
Was it worth the price we paid?
Who will come to our aid?
Can we find a love that's not man-made?

These are questions that should be asked
‘cuz the future one day will be the past
So live each day as though it may be our last
Because, before we know it, we’ll be lookin’ back
And we'll wish we'd taken the time to laugh

We’ll ask ourselves if we did the right thing
So let’s make sure we give it everything we’ve got
‘Cuz the best things in life can’t be bought or sold
Trust in Him and store up treasures in heaven
Where they can never rust or fade or grow old

So let’s not get caught up in the mundane things
Let your spirit mount up with eagle’s wings
And don’t ever let anyone steal your dreams
Give your life to Jesus Christ the King of Kings
And you’ll know the peace that only He can bring

He gave you and me our hopes and dreams
They meant everything to Him
He paid the price; He gave His very life
to save us from the tyranny of sin

He was sent as our life saver and our lifeboat
Not to toss us an anchor, but to throw us a rope
He came to bring us abundant life and hope
so take hold and let him tow you home

He’s our lifeboat; He came to bring us life and hope
He knew we’d sprung a leak and we’d never float
So hold onto the rope and He’ll pull you through
There’s nothing you can say or do, so don’t lose hope
Just hold onto the rope and He will pull you through

No comments: